The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Replacement AC Adapter question Utility Plugins
Old 9th September 2007
Here for the gear

Replacement AC Adapter question

Hi
This should be a really easy question for someone to answer. I have just bought a Mindprint DI-Port from Ebay, and need to replace the wall wart transformer when it arrives in Australia as it was purchased from the US and came with a 110 volt adapter. The Specs for the transformer as written on the back of the unit are 12VAC/700mA, but I cant find a transformer to suit those specs. I can easily buy a 12VAC/500mA or a 12VAC/1amp adapter though. Are either of these adapters going to be safe to use with the Mindprint or should I keep looking for one that matches perfectly?
Thanks
Evan
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

If the requirement is 700mA, you need to supply that as a minimum. A power supply can't PUSH current through a device, so as long as you have 700mA or more you'll be 100% OK.

Match voltage requirement. Exceed current requirement. Buy the 1A unit - You'll be fine.
Old 9th September 2007
Here for the gear

Thanks for the info. You have been very helpful.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search