The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API output fader Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 25th August 2007
Lives for gear
API output fader

I would like a "full fader" output level control for my API 3124. I have considered picking up the ATTY'2, but for the price.....If I can make something like this myself, and save some cash, well, You know!!

So is this thing literally just 4 potentiometers in a box?? Or is there some kind of passive circuitry involved? They tout that it imparts no color or sound to whatever goes through it, so it must not be much....

Can I just make myself 4 stepped attenuators in a box, put them in line from the outputs of the API and be set?? If so, what impedence/resistor values would work the best for a "full fader" output level??

Also, has anyone tried to mod some kind of attenuation between the input and output tranny, so you can soak that input tranny like the 2:1 feature of the A2D?? Is this even possible with the circuit??

Thanks a ton.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear
Thanks
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search