The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studer B67 Alignment
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Head

Studer B67 Alignment

A few questions abotut setting this machine up.

1) The manual states to set up the output for CCIR at 1.55V which I believe is +6dB. Shouldn't I be setting it up for +4dB or 1.23V? Is this different because I am using CCIR and not NAB?

2) When making adjustments on the record amp it states to start with a preadjustment using the level pots on the cards. Why not the preadjust pots on the cards? It doesn't even mention using the preadjust pot until you get to the NAB setup instructions which seems to be for the VU meter calibration. So for CCIR I am using the same level pot for pre and final adjusting. Does this make sense?

3) For Bias it wants a 10kHz signal 20dB down from ref level. And for High Freq setup use a 15K signal again 20dB down from ref level. 20dB down seems like a lot. Does this seem correct? If so why?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search