The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DBX 162 SL Meter stucks / repair or replacement?
Old 18th September 2020
DBX 162 SL Meter stucks / repair or replacement?

It looks like DBX does not have spare part meters of their obsolete DBX 162 SL compressor. What I have found are meters without scale which are comparable but not that fast as the original meters from DBX, which is obviously the DBX specific quality type of thing. The spare meter shall cost $300.- which is a lot if you replace both to have the same behaviour of your needle. My ask into this forum today is whether one has repaired/fixed a stuck dbx meter yet and whether there is a "good" chance doing so. I Have found a nice video on youtube: "How to free up stuck CB radio meter movements. Your meter probably isn't bad" I would be please to get any good advice. Thanks, Boris
Old 18th September 2020
If the meter it burned out not much hope of repairing it. If the needle has come out of its bearings there is a good chance that it can be salvaged. Can you tell me a bit more about what the meter is doing - not doing? It could also be that the driver for the meter is bad and not the meter itself. Let me know...
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear