The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
JBL 308P mkii schematic
Old 12th August 2020
JBL 308P mkii schematic

I don't need to do repairs, but I make a habit of collecting tech docs for all my studio gear. I did a search on the web for JBL 308P schematics and had no luck.

I recall a few years ago a similar search for the docs on JBL Eon G2 speakers and couldn't find them at the time, but recently found they had been published on JBLs web page. (Quite timely, since one of mine needed work).

So maybe JBL posts them after the product has been out of production a certain number years?

Anybody have a link the the 308P schematics or service manual?
Old 12th August 2020
rez
Lives for gear

Hello!

Some service documents unfortunately only can be found in the shady parts of the internet because the manufacturers did not publish them to the public.
Often only service partners get those documents and then they have to be leaked to get into the public.
Some of them can be found with luck if you just happen to combine the right search terms, others are burried in large databases with no search function or index.
This is especially true for all older gear prior to the "pdf" era where often those documents were scanned from paper originals and then converted into all kinds of digital picture formats. So sometimes seaching for a picture gains more results than searching for a pdf file.
Sometimes finding a service document for another product of the same line or even a different product from the same manufacturer will contain the information for your particular problem as well, because of the use of standardized parts in different product lines.

So good luck and patience for your search adventures!

peace, rez

Last edited by rez; 12th August 2020 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: added some more info
Old 15th August 2020
I figured that,would be the case. So now I wait...
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear