The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Eventide Blackhole algorithm?
Old 1 week ago
Eventide Blackhole algorithm?

I wonder if anyone might have a clue about the algorithm used to create the "Blackhole" effect.

What I want to do is be able to mimic that effect with a chain of things in Kontakt for an instrument.

I tried making an IR but it doesn't have the nuance and sweetness of the actual effect.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

It's a bunch of allpass filters in series. I don't know if they're modulated or not, but if they are, it would explain why an impulse response doesn't do the job. This would be easy to test by putting a sustained saw wave or something through it.
Old 4 days ago
I think a bunch of all pass filters in series that are NOT modulated would be pretty much equivalent to no filters. Right?

But, It sounds like there is modulation in it to me.
Old 22 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahatte View Post
I think a bunch of all pass filters in series that are NOT modulated would be pretty much equivalent to no filters. Right?
No. They're the same kind of allpass filters used to increase echo density in normal reverb algorithms.
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear