The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lab Series reverb send/return socket
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Lab Series reverb send/return socket

Hey guys, in the process of fixing up a couple of issues on a Moog/Gibson Lab Series amp. Unfortunately though the reverb pan is missing a magnet & hook off one of the springs in the tank. Bit unfortunate as it would have been nice to have a 70s Accutronics tank even though I was gonna replace it for a less bright & drippy 3 spring MOD for what it's gonna be used for. Would be nice to have running as it's really really easy to get to the reverb pan on these amps, but everything I've seen so far is that you can't really get spares for stuff like that. Not sure how I'd go about wiring a new one in either!

The bigger problem is the pins on the socket that the reverb send/return socket slots on top of are all snapped off, and I've got no idea what part it is. Found some pretty detailed schematics & a scan of the board layout. But amongst all of it, even the comprehensive parts list of pretty much everything else on the amp, it doesn't mention what kind of socket this is. Not sure if this is a relatively common part to use for this from that era, as when I've seen reverb send/returns before they've been RCAs?

Attached a few screenshots of the schematics & board layout, as well as pictures with the nearby opamp and resistors for scale, not sure how much use that might be in tracking it down!

Thanks for any help, hope this the right place for this thread, was considering putting it in the guitars section but it seemed like this was the more appropriate place for stuff like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Lab Series reverb send/return socket-20200626_182725.jpg   Lab Series reverb send/return socket-20200626_182707.jpg   Lab Series reverb send/return socket-screenshot_2020-06-27-13-57-11.jpg   Lab Series reverb send/return socket-screenshot_2020-06-27-13-53-32.jpg   Lab Series reverb send/return socket-screenshot_2020-06-27-13-53-46.jpg  

Old 1 week ago
Those look to be just "pin headers". Finding one with the same spacing is going to be your real challenge.

What you can do is desolder the broken bits, remove them from the white plastic bit and find pins that fit the pcb through hole and the plug that connect there. Then fit them in the plastic bit and resolder.

I usually find compatible pins from old pcb's and things. But ive been a pack rat saving garbage for years.
Old 1 week ago

Looks more like 156mil header pins to me....

https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...0523-ND/686688

-tINY

Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Cheers guys, I'll try the new plug first (gonna order a matching socket too just in case they don't play nicely together) and hopefully it'll fit on the board nicely. If not I'll go the route of trying to fix the old one. Given Gibson an email too in the unlikely event they know anything about a 40 odd year old amp they didn't even design themselves!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear