The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
anyone built the TAC506 in the UK??
Old 27th May 2020
anyone built the TAC506 in the UK??

I am thinking of building the DIY kit supplied by Total Audio Control, the model TAC506 basic ..link here

http://www.totalaudiocontrol.com/pr/show/7

has anyone done this? I have a noise issue with my old lindell audio 506 mk1 power supply where there is a buzz on channel 1 & 2 nearest the 3 pin input on the back, I have heard this is a problem with the unit and why they quickly changed it to an external power supply, I might see if I can modify it because if there was a way to get rid of it I would do it.

at the moment my neve pres are on channel 1 and 2 and it's really irritating not being able to use them at the moment without noise problems at high gain settings, past around 50dB it stars becoming audible on condensers especially.

there's no way I'm spending a grand on an API unit if these DIY units are just as good, my guess is that they might even be better?

just looking for some opinions before I go ordering or modifying anything,

cheers,

pencilextremist
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear