The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Buttons on Behringer mixer fail
Old 26th May 2020
Here for the gear
Buttons on Behringer mixer fail

Hello technically skilled fellow slutz!

On my Behringer X2222usb mixer, each channel has tiny buttons for Master and Sub-Master & Solo. See the attached picture.

Unfortunately a few of these buttons have lost their functionality, by what seems to be a mechanical cause. When pushing the buttons, they don't 'click' like they used to & also don't stay in the down/pressed position.

I'm guessing the conditions in which it has lived up until now don't really help: it's in the living room, where it has caught quite some dust and its unfortunate share of fly-excrements.

It's a frustrating thing, since I regularly like to use these buttons for routing the audio. However, I do believe that it's reparable.

My questions are:
- Does anybody have experience with replacing such (or similar) buttons, preferable on a Behringer Mixer?
- Any advice/tips before I start looking for a screwdriver?

It would be good to add that, however I have no experience opening up my audio devices, I am equipped with tools, logic and quite handy hands.

My first thought is to uplug the mixer & open it up by unscrewing the screws on the side, presumably then being able to lift off the top. Whatever I find then & should or should not do/touch/.. is a mystery for me.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Buttons on Behringer mixer fail-200526-mixer-button.png  
Old 28th May 2020
Lives for gear

It might be a good idea if you team up with someone that has some experience in repairing this type of stuff?

There's many things that can go wrong if you're totally uninformed.

/Jakob E.
Old 28th May 2020
Here for the gear
Thanks. I guess you're right and I'll contact a friend after quarantine time.

I was just assuming that this forum would be a better place to find an answer then amonst my friends
Old 29th May 2020
Lives for gear

It's not for patronizing, just that there are so many, many ways to do this wrong that it is not possible to cover it all in a quick thread. People literally spend decades of work to get there.

All the best,

Jakob E.
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear