The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mixer Main Output Saturated! Help me mix it
Old 24th May 2020
Here for the gear

Mixer Main Output Saturated! Help me mix it

Hi! Hope you all doing good these hard and strange times.
I have a issue with a DJ mixer I got and I treasure, it is a Behringer VMX200. The mixer has a RCA type Main Output, but the right output for some reason comes aout saturated, so if I use stereo speakers the right side blasts, so I normally I just listen to the left side. I really dont want to go to a repairman, cause where I live there arent many pro audio guys and its kinda expensive. I wanted to ask here if someone can help me fix it with my dad. Really hope so.

Grettings beforehand!
Maxi Rivera
Old 24th May 2020
Lives for gear

take it apart and look for a bad solder joint in parts connected to those outputs.

JR
Old 25th May 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRoberts View Post
take it apart and look for a bad solder joint in parts connected to those outputs.

JR
Hi! I'm looking at the mixer board rn and everything looks OK, couldn't find a bad solder joint. It'd be weird anyway, cause when it was new it sounded all right.
Old 25th May 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxir4k View Post
Hi! I'm looking at the mixer board rn and everything looks OK, couldn't find a bad solder joint. It'd be weird anyway, cause when it was new it sounded all right.
Just re flow all the joints for the connectors in question. I can’t tell you have many times this has fixed issues when my eye couldn’t see a problem, with gear that worked great when new. It’s not new anymore right? Time has a way of breaking things.
Old 26th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxir4k View Post
Do you have any test equipment? A simple VOM could be useful.

When troubleshooting a stereo path where one side is OK and the other faulty... you can trace backwards from the output to see where they first began to not be the same.

JR
Old 26th May 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRoberts View Post
Do you have any test equipment? A simple VOM could be useful.

When troubleshooting a stereo path where one side is OK and the other faulty... you can trace backwards from the output to see where they first began to not be the same.

JR
Damn, I'm 100% sure I have one lying around, have to go get it and check the output voltages with the left channel as a reference, and find out where it jumps.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear