The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Capi lc25
Old 23rd May 2020
Capi lc25

Revving up to build one of these.

I noticed that CAPI have now stopped using Ed Anderson trafos (EA2622) for their own design (CA2622).

Must say, I love the sound of both the CAPI LC53a and Hairball 1176's that use Ed Anderson and I'm a bit concerned.

Can anyone who has built with both make any comment on the effective difference in tone?

Many thanks!
Old 24th May 2020
Bump CAPI fans
Old 29th May 2020
Gear Addict

Looks like you can still buy the EA transformers from CAPI (once they are back in stock), they just don't come in the kit.

I've built several CAPI modules but only with the newer transformers, so I'm afraid I can't help with a comparison. My LC25s sound great, and I've no desire to change the input transformer.

Here's an idea: build the BT50s. They sound stellar and hey, no input transformer, no problem.
Old 29th May 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantB View Post
Looks like you can still buy the EA transformers from CAPI (once they are back in stock), they just don't come in the kit.

I've built several CAPI modules but only with the newer transformers, so I'm afraid I can't help with a comparison. My LC25s sound great, and I've no desire to change the input transformer.

Here's an idea: build the BT50s. They sound stellar and hey, no input transformer, no problem.
thanks buddy
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear