The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
"jammed" MKH 435
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

"jammed" MKH 435

Hi everyone.

I'm back for more wisdom and experience from the community. Thanks!!!

I have a few old T powered Sennheisers, all of which now work well (after some tinkering) except for one. My MKH 435 is making hissing noise that I'd think is from incorrect crystal settings but I can't remove the internal board to adjust it. I removed the set screw and the ring inside the teuchel jack. The guts now spin freely inside the casing but can't be pulled out with any force I can muster. Every other MKH series mic is easy access once screws are removed. Last night when I was sleepy and frustrated I thought the next step would be to grab a hacksaw but after a good night's sleep I realize that the next step is to ask on Gearslutz. I bought the mic cheap/for parts awhile ago and have resuscitated others before so I think there's a good chance that i'll have something usable if I can just access the board.

Thanks again!!
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

For anyone searching this topic in the future--- Sennheiser MKH 435 is supposed to slip out once set screws are removed. Mine likely was a mismatch/bad repair -- somebody probably swapped shells and jammed it in. I did remove it, with a pipe cutter and angle grips. It was already not working, and I made it more thoroughly not working. But at least it's not in the "to-be-repaired" box anymore.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search