The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cheaper glue alternative to tolex adhesive?
Old 1 week ago
Cheaper glue alternative to tolex adhesive?

I have some 3M 90 spray, a gallon of regular elmers glue, spray adhesives galore... do I really need to shell out $40 for “tolex adhesive” or will anything Else work? Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml designs View Post
I have some 3M 90 spray, a gallon of regular elmers glue, spray adhesives galore... do I really need to shell out $40 for “tolex adhesive” or will anything Else work? Thanks
3M 90 is contact glue, right? That's what I've always used for tolex, good old contact glue, and it works perfectly fine. I didn't even know there was such thing as "Tolex glue", but I'd be surprised if it wasn't pretty much the same thing...
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

woodglue works.
Not as tacky at first and its a bit more difficult to work with. Applying the right thickness takes a fine rake. In between fixation is best done with glue clamps and straight pieces of wood.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search