The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Adding direct outs
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Adding direct outs

Hey guys! I’m trying to add direct outs (post fader) to a 90’s rack mixer and I’m trying to figure out where I would splice in my direct out. I’m experienced in point to point building and design but pcb blows my brain every time.

The fader itself has 3 wires. Looks like yellow, red, brown (I’m color blind so this may be way off). Would I be able to go in this way? Will attach a photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Adding direct outs-9edf2889-bf31-4229-b664-e1b04e40f9a0.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
What you need is a schematic.
What make and model is this? It looks a little tascam/teac-ish.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enginefire View Post
What you need is a schematic.
What make and model is this? It looks a little tascam/teac-ish.
It’s a phonic pmx1600. Haven’t found much on it as far as manuals or schematics. Ran across it in my mom’s barn and figured it would be a good bit of circuitry practice.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Poke and prod and find a spot by trial and error.
Be smart, think of the topology. Trace the input. Often a good place can me aux sends, but it depends on how you want to use the mixer and direct outs. Somewhere after the fader will be a summing bus resistor right before the channel goes to the master section. This is also a good place if you don’t care about summing the signals.
Or try a spot after an op amp, check which pins are the outputs and then take the signal from after the capacitor that follows the output.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search