The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
External Switching HT 60 Mk ii
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

External Switching HT 60 Mk ii

Hi!

I have been using using a Blackstar HT 50 Head and a Marshall JCM 900 2 x 12 for the past year. In order to change channels on both amps simultaneously i have been using a custom made latching channel footswitch with two outputs, so I can run a standard guitar cable into the footswitch input on the HT 50, and another into the footswitch input on the JCM. This has worked reliably.

I have recently swapped out the HT 50 for a HT 60 Stage Mkii 2 x 12. I've been using the same footswitch, except with a mono guitar cable going into the 2 way footswitch input on the HT 60. I am only looking to change between the clean and OD 1 on the HT 60. This setup works perfectly about 90% of the time, but randomly every now and then the HT 60 sometimes decides that it does not want to swap channels and then goes back to working again the next time I press the footswitch (but at this point it is now on opposite channels to the JCM 900).
I've attached a video that shows this happening (look at the channel lights on the HT 60 to see what I mean - when the footswitch is pressed it momentarily changes before going back to OD when it should be on clean).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQV4jxRuauU

Does anyone know why this is and what i can do to stop it happening? I've now had 2 techs have a look at it (including a Blackstar Authorised repairer) and they don't seem to be able to diagnose the problem (although the fact it happens so sporadically probably does not help matters). I know there is an External Switching Mode on the HT 60 but this also affects the channel voices which i do not want / need.

Thankyou for any help in advance!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search