The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
1 button headset remote pinout? (PC, dual TRS)
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

1 button headset remote pinout? (PC, dual TRS)

Hi I'm using Beyerdynamic MMX 300 headset with XLR audio interface using RODE VXLR+ phantom power adapter.

This headset comes with 2 cables - TRRS for phones/new PCs and dual TRS for older PCs. Both cables feature 1 button remote with mute and volume control.

I observed that when I press the button when headset is connected to XLR interface with phantom power there's REALLY loud crack in headphones. Also when I engage mute I hear 50Hz buzz (which seems to come from phantom power supply)

So I believe this remote has some wicked, hazardous circuitry that short circuits stuff which shouldn't really be shorted. Are such cables standardized or do I need to check this on my own because it's not any standard cable? It's worth to note that cable has TRRRS plug on headphones side (yes, it's not typo, separate grounds for mic and headphones)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search