The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pearl Clarity SDC Mics
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Pearl Clarity SDC Mics

Hello All,

I'd like to hear from people who have used, and recorded with the Pearl Clarity SDC mics, and what they think. In general my take on Pearl mics is that they are 2nd to none. I own the CC22 and it is quite exceptional. It holds it's own up to much pricier mics. I find no flaws with it. I'm hoping for the same with the Caritys.

In general it just seems that mid and lower priced mics, while good are always flawed in some way, and so are a compromise to the top offerings from DPA, Schoeps and Gefell. I'm wondering if the Pearls not only stand above the competition at their price point, but even hold up to the performance level of the aforementioned holy trinity.

I'll be using mainly for acoustic guitar, as well as stereo 'room' recording of band rehearsals, and gigs (both acoustic, and electric jazz).

Thoughts, experienced, ideas welcome. Bring it!

Mark
(my 1st post)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search