The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Where to solder GND on 16 CH AES Cable (Yamaha pinout)?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Where to solder GND on 16 CH AES Cable (Yamaha pinout)?

Hi, I would like to build a pair of 16 CH AES/ EBU multicore cable with 25 pin Sub D connectors on each end. The pinout follows the Yamaha standard. I plan to use 16 Ch 110 Ohms multicore cable with individual drain wires, which I want to use for the ground the signal. Could anyone help me to understand, how the grounding signal has to be soldered to the connectors correctly?

Kind regards
Attached Thumbnails
Where to solder GND on 16 CH AES Cable (Yamaha pinout)?-aes-pinout-ad16x.png  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhonny79 View Post
Hi, I would like to build a pair of 16 CH AES/ EBU multicore cable with 25 pin Sub D connectors on each end. The pinout follows the Yamaha standard. I plan to use 16 Ch 110 Ohms multicore cable with individual drain wires, which I want to use for the ground the signal. Could anyone help me to understand, how the grounding signal has to be soldered to the connectors correctly?

Kind regards
you just need an 8-pair aes cable as each one carries a stereo pair.

ground from any of these eight channels go to 10, 12, 13 and 22, 24, 25, the order doesn't matter (so shield from aes1 can go to any of the pins for ground; the missing two grounds you just solder two any of the pins so two of these pins will get two grounds) - and forget about 26 and 27 going to chassis, they are not needed!
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi deedeeyeah, thank you for your help.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search