The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MCU (Mackie Control Universal) Documentation/Reverse Engineering
Old 23rd March 2020
Gear Head

MCU (Mackie Control Universal) Documentation/Reverse Engineering

Hello Gearslutz. I just thought I'd post my findings after scrubbing the internet for many many hours. I love you all and I hope you take the time to learn as much as I from what I've coagulated here.

If you're looking towards making your own MIDI control surface of the sorts. MidiBox is also an alternative, but if you want to create your own complete custom control surface, you can use these to make the engineering sides of things a LOT easier to work with and construct your own control surface. Let's be real here, nobody has 100k USD to drop on a glorified table of knobs and colored buttons (@AVID), so honestly screw that **** and let the DIY in us make the console of our own dreams without having to break bank.

This information should really be a lot easier to access, especially since it is all nothing but MIDI nomenclature. Please do enjoy.

Please post below if there's any issues with the site/files.

https://sites.google.com/view/mackie...ldiyguide/home

You're all welcome ~ Sal

Last edited by Ensefalon; 23rd March 2020 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: Added why people should use these
Old 23rd March 2020
Lives for gear

Cool stuff!

I'm sure you've seen this as well:

Customised Mackie Control with DAW Sync and Full Plug-in Control
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search