The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Amek 9098 Dual Compressor/Limiter Lamp replacement
Old 10th February 2020
Amek 9098 Dual Compressor/Limiter Lamp replacement

Hello guys,

I have just bought a used Amek 9098 Compressor/Limiter, but it needs some new lamps for the metering sections.

Simple fix i thought...

When I opened the unit up I couldn't get the metering section out, have anyone serviced this compressor before? Any tips for how to get to the lamps?
Attached Thumbnails
Amek 9098 Dual Compressor/Limiter Lamp replacement-20200210_151642.jpg  
Old 10th February 2020
The top of the meter is open to light. I would add a couple of soft white leds there fed from a 1k resistor and 1N4002 diode in series with the power rail. Then glue them to the top of the meter with hot glue.
Old 11th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
The top of the meter is open to light. I would add a couple of soft white leds there fed from a 1k resistor and 1N4002 diode in series with the power rail. Then glue them to the top of the meter with hot glue.
Thank you Jim for your reply, I have seen your name come up many times on this forum regarding repairing audio equipment and have always enjoyed your good tips! Glad to see you are still active.

Is this the only way you would go about this? I would much rather just replace the ones that are inside the meter, I just don't know how to get to them.

Just to keep it clean and close to the original hehe
Old 11th February 2020
You have a choice of easy or hard. I'd go with easy as you will never need to do this again.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search