The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tl072 lower power, low noise replacement
Old 8th February 2020
It's the same stuff with either a rail splitter or a 1/2 supply bias applied. Do it that way and you do have to add blocking caps. With a rail splitter (active or passive) the blocking caps can go. Better yet use two 9V batteries and do it bipolar.
Old 10th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabirio View Post
I have used and can recommend the TLC2262 for active bass circuits. Very low power consumption (0.2 mA/ch vs 1.4 for the TL072), slightly lower voltage noise (12 vs 18 nV/sqrt(Hz)), much lower current noise (0.6 vs 10 fA/sqrt(Hz)) and it has a rail-to-rail output and "almost-rail-to-rail" input (Vdd- - 0.3V to Vdd+), always good for this application.
Cabirio, how careful do I need to be handling these IC's? I've heard they are ESD devices and not sure if I should avoid touching them with my bare hands.
Old 12th February 2020
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo View Post
Cabirio, how careful do I need to be handling these IC's? I've heard they are ESD devices and not sure if I should avoid touching them with my bare hands.
Most modern chips have ESD protection and the 2262 is no exception, however this doesn't guarantee 100% that you won't zap it if there's enough electrostatic build-up, so an ESD bracelet is always a good idea when handling semiconductors. I always wear one and have an ESD mat on my bench as well since I zapped dead a nice CD player years ago...
Old 12th February 2020
Here for the gear

Thank you. I tested the board today and it was working. Will be making the assembly tonight and, hopefully, everything will be working fine.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search