The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AV patent firm recommendation
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

AV patent firm recommendation

Greetings!
I am a small start up company that is currently developing a single product. I am looking for a patent firm that specializes in the AV industry. Would you be so kind as to share or recommend a patent firm that I can go to for my AV product patent needs?
Thanks,
Herman
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Lancaster is Olde School (but makes many excellent comments):

https://www.tinaja.com/pasamp1.shtml

Bri
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
My son a patent attorney with many clients in our industry, and a former broadcast engineer. Here's his bio and contact.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Herman, by day I'm a patent attorney at the largest IP boutique firm in the U.S. We have significant depth in the AV industry. You're welcome to call me if you wish.

-Steve
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Patents are a strategy typically pursued by large companies with deep pockets, and then mainly to accumulate and trade like baseball cards with other similar sized companies.

It can be very expensive to prosecute patent infringement and success is not guaranteed.

Good luck

JR
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Good patent attorneys are willing to have a preliminary conversation about their specialties and track record, basics of what your product is, how much various scenarios will cost, and whether it's worthwhile even trying.

Yes, like anything legal, going after a particular result can be expensive, and results often depend on how much money your opposition is willing to throw at it. That simple fact can be the basis of a win-win negotiation.

But not having a patent at all means you've got nothing to stand on or negotiate from. You have to weigh the hassle and initial expense, and decide for yourself.

---
I wish the USPTO made registration as easy and cheap as the LOC's copyright office... oh well, their goals are different: copyright just says you submitted something on a particular date; patent says the PTO examiners believe you to be the first one there. In both cases, you have to go to court if you think someone ripped off your work.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search