The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Quantum 2 discontinued. What will happen?
Old 15th January 2020
Here for the gear

Quantum 2 discontinued. What will happen?

Today I just wanted to purchase my Presonus Q2 that I have been waiting for it for 3 weeks and suddenly saw a big red headline on their website that "This product has been discontinued"
What does that mean? does someone know the reason or more information on that?
I tried to contact their tech support, but no luck!
here is the link to their website and Q2: https://www.presonus.com/products/Quantum-2
Old 15th January 2020
Gear Addict

I'd say the the newly released Quantum 2626 was the reason they discontinued it. The 2626 is the same price as the Quantum 2 but has more features.

Just my guess...
Old 19th January 2020
Here for the gear

Wonderful... they just released this product not more than two years ago and they have already abandoned it? I have a Q2 and - I know it's not gong to just stop working - but I'm pretty upset at this. Feels like an impending paperweight all of a sudden. Doesn't give me much faith in buying any more hardware from PreSonus.
Old 19th January 2020
Gear Maniac
That‘s Presonus....
Old 30th January 2020
Here for the gear

I personally think it’s a lot better approach than having a line-up filled with out-of-date products.
Old 18th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremusound View Post
That‘s Presonus....
There is also Antelope...
Old 18th February 2020
Gear Maniac

This is good news, it means they are continuing to update and invest in the Quantum line. After the 2626 they will probably update the big ones with TB3 and maybe inserts.
Old 24th May 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazatron View Post
Wonderful... they just released this product not more than two years ago and they have already abandoned it? I have a Q2 and - I know it's not gong to just stop working - but I'm pretty upset at this. Feels like an impending paperweight all of a sudden. Doesn't give me much faith in buying any more hardware from PreSonus.
Are they still providing support and up to date drivers for it?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear