The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tips for testing my DIY coolaudio v2164d Quad VCA?
Old 12th January 2020
Here for the gear
Tips for testing my DIY coolaudio v2164d Quad VCA?

I built a Quad VCA around the coolaudio v2164d and it works! I followed the "basic VCA" schematic on the data sheet I have linked below.
Like a fool I just tested it by patching my eurorack into it and luckily there were no issues (at least none that were immediately apparent); it sounds good...
I can build a bit but testing and troubleshooting still eludes me some..
What would be the proper way to go about testing this? I have a scope, multimeter and a function generator though I haven't figured out how the latter works yet as I don't have the BNC cables.

I assume I should begin with starting a function and observing it on the scope, then pushing that function through the module and getting a reading from that, but perhaps I am missing something ? Always looking for tips.

Edit: after further testing I have discovered it does not work as I expected. When testing with an LFO it seemed fine but with my Doepfer ADSR the notes continuously sound even when a gate is applied to the ADSR. Perhaps I need to adjust some resistor values and I am sure the answer is in the datasheet somewhere. I just don't know what I am looking for is all...

Thanks for checking out my post

http://coolaudio.com/docs/COOLAUDIO_..._DATASHEET.pdf

Last edited by weenhillage; 13th January 2020 at 02:09 AM.. Reason: New discovery
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search