The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Avalon AD2055 Right Channel Signal Boost When Zero'd Out
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Avalon AD2055 Right Channel Signal Boost When Zero'd Out

Hey All,

Just got an Avalon AD2055 in my room. When firing it up, I noticed that when the EQ channels are engage, the right signal (ch.2) jumps up a considerable amount (about +6db). This is with every gain on each band zero'd out on both channels. Not only does it boost, it sounds different across the spectrum...as if the the low mid band was being boosted. Could just be harmonic saturation...but nothing is distorting out.

Aside from all of this, all functions seem to be working fine on both channels, but this right side boosting is a problem. However, the bulbs on the EQ in switches are dead (I don't think this is an important detail, but I figured I'd include it).

So while I wait for a response from Avalon after the holidays, I wanted to get some my fellow slutz involved to see if we can try to track down what's causing it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I finally got a chance to run some vocals through it….it’s distorting on both channels but in different ways. Much more severe on the right side with a substantial boost of the lower spectrum, but the left side seems balanced with some fuzz distortion on peaks.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search