The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Soundcraft Delta 8 - Overbridge Meter mod?
Old 26th December 2019
Here for the gear
Soundcraft Delta 8 - Overbridge Meter mod?

Hey everyone...

I have a Soundcraft Delta 8.

I use the tape returns on the board for channels 1-16 from my DAW to the board; and the 16 led meters on the overbridge reflect these channels.

However, by design, if I use a return on my group channels, the overbridge will then meter the return rather than my inputs.

I'd like to have the overbridge continue to meter the 16 tape returns, even if I use the returns on the group channels.

(schematic attached)

Each group channel has two connectors (cn8, cn9), for metering from input channels and then one connector (cn10) which sends the two signals to the overbridge.

It appears to me that I may be able to wire the connectors from cn8/cn9 directly to cn10... and that way the overbridge would always reflect the 'regular' channels and not the returns on the groups; meaning:

cn8 pin1 -> cn10 pin1
cn9 pin1 -> cn10 pin3

Is there anything wrong with this?

What would I do with cn8/cn9 pin2?

Would I need to add any resistors or anything?

Also, would anyone have the delta 8 'technical manual' ? I have the schematics that float around but it appears the technical manual has in-depth descriptions of circuits etc, which may be useful.

Any insights are appreciated; thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Soundcraft Delta 8 - Overbridge Meter mod?-delta8meterbridgemod.png  
Old 27th December 2019
Lives for gear

Looking at that schematic, it indicates that the switching happens on the meter bridge. So you need to look there.
Old 27th December 2019
You can move the 2 pin molex meter wires over to the input modules. There is a place to solder in the 2 pin molex connector to feed the meters from the input modules.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search