The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland TR-8 step buttons clicking - workaround?
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Roland TR-8 step buttons clicking - workaround?

Hi all!

Figured if anyone knows the answer to what I'm about to ask it would be in this subforum.

I recently bought a Roland TR-8 and so far I like it just fine sound-wise, except the awful plastic step buttons make so much noise when pressed, it's literally unbearable! I like to work without headphones and at low to medium volume, which is impossible when the button clicking is louder than the sounds they actually trigger. Using an external controller doesn't eliminate the problem completely either, as some things still have to be done directly using the TR-8 buttons.

Does anybody know a workaround? Stuffing some rubber padding under the buttons maybe? Replacement buttons? I don't mind taking the thing apart. Searching online didn't really help, as (oddly enough) everyone else seems to be fine with the clicking.

Thank you in advance!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search