The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Boss DR 110 Replacement ICs
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Boss DR 110 Replacement ICs

Hi,

I've come a long way and I'm working my way through fixing a DR 110 I picked up second hand and there appears to have been battery leakage or something else spilled on the unit, so I had to strip the components, clean with 99.9% alcohol and the board looks great, but my guess is the Op Amp (5218 DIP-8) and a 5101 (SIP-8) both likely have issues and I'm having issues finding replacements, more specifically the 5150.

For the 5218, when looking for a replacement I believe my main focus needs to be on finding something within the original min/max voltage (~2-~16 ... lower on the min end and higher on the max end are both fine correct) and again similar with the max rated voltage of 15V (see attached for datasheet).

The 5150 has me at a total loss ... it's SIP-8 and beyond that I'm totally unsure.

Can I please get some recommendations of each off www.mouser.ca or www.digikey.ca ?

See attached for the op amp and here for the other:

https://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf...M&term=M51501L

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 5218 datasheet.pdf (358.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

This is all I see for options for the 5150:

https://www.mouser.ca/Semiconductors...z0z63xZ1z0yz09
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Also, 2 channels for the op amp
Old 1 week ago
You have that corp SIP VCA's listed, won't work. Fried dual opamps usually have high DC on the output pins 1 and 7. Check that first.

5218's are fet opamps similar to LF353. They are commonly found in Japanese effects boxes used as sample and hold amps. The other I don't know. If 8 pin DIP or SIP you can determine if it's a dual opamp by beeping with a continuity meter from the 5218 pin 8, the + power pin and pin 4 the - power pin. The BurrBrown OPA1642 dual fet opamp is usually a safe swap. Order some Brown Dog SIP to dual SOIC adaptors and install a SIP machine socket to test them.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search