The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
switching mains voltage Dbx 165a over easy
Old 28th November 2019
Here for the gear

switching mains voltage Dbx 165a over easy

Just recently acquired two Dbx 165a's. Both have switchable mains voltage and the person I purchased them off switched the voltage over to 240v before shipping. I'm just triple checking that when I switch these on it won't fry. Inside there is a pretty easy to follow instruction list for soldering the correct terminals. To me it looks correctly done. Need to hear from a person on the internet before I go ahead switching it on. Thanks in advance.

inside instruction set:
https://ibb.co/JcpVwDZ

Soldering:
https://ibb.co/QNqbR77

New to forums.. apologies if it has already been asked. Please recommend the correct location for this thread if I have done it wrong I found similar-ish threads but I could not confirm my question.
Old 30th November 2019
Here I mount a 120/230 voltage selection switch so both modes are available. Switchcraft makes it. Also, remount the power transformer with bolts and screws, the pop rivets always come loose.
Old 1st December 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Here I mount a 120/230 voltage selection switch so both modes are available. Switchcraft makes it. Also, remount the power transformer with bolts and screws, the pop rivets always come loose.
I switch would definitely be handy. I may look into one. Are you able to view the photos I have posted? I want to make sure it is wired correctly before testing the units. Thanks for the reply.
Old 1st December 2019
It's a standard series/parallel circuit. Test with a meter.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search