The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC 2290 - ERROR 30?? anyone ...?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
TC 2290 - ERROR 30?? anyone ...?

anyone know what an 'error 30' is ?? Basically i'm getting all front panel lights etc but then the unit throws a '30' error code then shuts down after a few seconds. I'm wondering if it's because I don't have the extender board or RAM in the unit - it does the same thing with or without the analogue board though - so i'm sure that's not affecting it.

i've been using the service manual that's available online but it's only baseboard and power supply schematics it would seem
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
anyone out there?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'm not 100 percent sure about this because I don't have my unit or manual near by...

Err 30 I think might be your Battery has failed to hold a charge or is dead.

And Once you change the battery you will stil get an error code until you reset this with entering a single number in on of the SPEC keys. Again, I'm a bit foggy on this until I can dig up my ild manuals
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Thanks - the battery error code is 13. This battery measures a full 3.0V so it's not that. But there's no guide to the error codes anywhere that i can find ... I'm happy to pay anyone who might have a proper service manual they can send me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlheinz View Post
I'm not 100 percent sure about this because I don't have my unit or manual near by...

Err 30 I think might be your Battery has failed to hold a charge or is dead.

And Once you change the battery you will stil get an error code until you reset this with entering a single number in on of the SPEC keys. Again, I'm a bit foggy on this until I can dig up my ild manuals
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Have you tried contacting TC directly to get the error code list? I used their forum and got in touch with a rep who was able to source a new display for the m4000 quickly for me.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy View Post
Have you tried contacting TC directly to get the error code list? I used their forum and got in touch with a rep who was able to source a new display for the m4000 quickly for me.
I wrote them to ask for a service manual - we'll see how that goes. Interesting- i didn't realize they had a forum thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsmith View Post
I wrote them to ask for a service manual - we'll see how that goes. Interesting- i didn't realize they had a forum thanks
It's now part of the music tribe conglomerate. Asking for error code info is very likely going to get a response, since someone asked and got an answer about code 13. Service manual requests will likely be ignored or maybe a polite "no"
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

otoh, err13 is in the user manual, err30 is not.

Have you tried a factory reset, as per the user manual?

Jakob E.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyraf View Post
otoh, err13 is in the user manual, err30 is not.

Have you tried a factory reset, as per the user manual?

Jakob E.

thanks - not yet - as i'm kind of just going through the recapping at the moment but I will soon ...! Im hoping to get a real service manual in the meantime ...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that my scan is the only version seen yet "in the wild" - https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...mNkZkwtdW5YdDg - but sadly it does not contain anything on the converter board. I've talked to TC a couple of times about it, almost persuaded them to de-classify the 2290 documentation..

If you get further information, I'd be very interested..!

Jakob E.

ps: when re-capping, take care not to pull through-platings - iirc, there are several places where electrolytic-pins are used as vias too (!)

Last edited by gyraf; 4 weeks ago at 09:12 AM.. Reason: ps
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Try emailing this guy... he seems like 2290 guru

http://www.tc2290.com/home.htm

I’ll look through my manual binder in the morning...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search