The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Moving switches to the front: Can a novice do this?
Old 5th October 2019
Moving switches to the front: Can a novice do this?

I've got an old Dukane comp on the way. I'd like to move the switches on the back to the front. I can use a soldering iron but only do basic mods. Can I just get some toggle switches and run wire from the back to the front? Is it that simple?
Attached Thumbnails
Moving switches to the front: Can a novice do this?-dukaneb.jpg   Moving switches to the front: Can a novice do this?-dukane.jpg  
Old 5th October 2019
Lives for gear

Depends on the guts. If there isn’t a PCB behind the faceplate it shouldn’t be an issue. Even if the switches on the rear are PCB mount you can pull them off the PCB and hardwire straight to the PCB and run to the front. Hopefully there’s nothing behind the faceplate. What are those switches for. I can’t read the fine print on my small phone screen.
Old 5th October 2019
Lives for gear

Here’s a different flavor but it’s been done before.
Attached Thumbnails
Moving switches to the front: Can a novice do this?-9c927b19-3d36-45db-9f3a-4cd27ab8d648.jpeg  
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search