The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Jupiter 8 Troubleshooting!!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Jupiter 8 Troubleshooting!!

I have spent many hours scouring the forum(s) for some answers, and have found some to many of my questions, but I figured I would employ the help of the wonderful community here at Gearslutz for some of the issues.

SO, I have a Jupiter 8, 12bit. I am about to order the caps for the PSU, and get that guy in spec, but I have a few other issues I need help resolving:

1. Voice 4 is having filter issues. Sometimes it sounds like it is just duller than the other voices, other times, it sounds like it isn't following the same envelope at the other voices.

2. Voices 5-8 have a strange issue. When VCO Mod is engaged and the fader is pushed up, these voices will bend up almost a whole semitone without the LFO trigger being depressed. The same happens with VCF Mod -- it will open up the filter slightly when the fader is pushed up.

3. Some voice bleed / background noise. I understand that there was a service note about this -- cutting the ground trace & soldering in a 100ohm resistor. I have looked at the diagrams, and my boards look a little different, so I wanted to see if I'm thinking about it correctly. I have diagrammed what I believe I should be doing...is this right?

Thanks SO much for any thoughts you folks may have!
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Bump! Currently going through & cleaning the beast -- about to start digging in and addressing the above issues. I'd love any help / counsel!

Thanks so much!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search