The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DBX 160X pot source
Old 12th July 2019
Here for the gear
DBX 160X pot source

Hi all,

I just bought a 160X that needs a new compression ratio pot. Anyone know a source for these or an equivalent part number?

Thanks
Show replies
Old 12th July 2019

Is it a linear or audio taper pot? Value? PCB mounted or wired?

Do you have a picture?

Maybe you should take it to a repair shop......

-tINY

Show replies
Old 13th July 2019
Here for the gear
Thanks for the reply!

Here is a photo from the Studio Electronics site

https://www.studioelectronics.biz/su..._detail&p=1330

I can solder this in easy enough...just looking for another source

Cheers
Show replies
Old 16th July 2019
Digi-Key still sells the CTS mini pots that would fit in there. Linear taper only.
Show replies
Old 17th July 2019
Here for the gear
Thanks very much...I will have a look at the site

Cheers

Brian
Show replies
Old 8th August 2020
Here for the gear

I'm also trying to replace the ratio pot on the 160xt. Thinking I would make things straight forward I decided to order the part from studio electronics referenced above. Ended up $40 or so after shipping! In the picture it appears to be a direct replacement. Turns out the one I bought only has two legs and not 3 (which wasn't evident from the picture). I have a limited understanding of pots so forgive me if it's ignorant to ask if there is a workaround for this. Thanks.

Edit:
Did a little due diligence on pots. I guess the real question is whether the ratio knob will work okay as a VR rather than a voltage splitter. It baffles me a bit that the VR I received is an EXACT match for the Gain and Threshold pots except the lack of ground. I have a schematic but I am not proficient at reading it. The third missing terminal connection on the board has a trace attached but I am uncertain whether it goes anywhere besides direct ground. Another question would be if either the Gain or Threshold would work okay with the VR. Then I could swap on out and move it to the Ratio position.

Much appreciated
Show replies

Last edited by rfreeman; 8th August 2020 at 04:26 AM..
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear