The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
500 series Output to TRS Hack
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
500 series Output to TRS Hack

Hello.

So one of my students bought a compressor 500 Series DIY kit without knowing that it needs a chassis. Obviously he should buy the chassis to operate it, but I was hoping there would be a shortcut/ DIY hack that he could connect the compressor without the chassis. I was thinking he could solder and "hijack" the signal from the PCI style port to balanced cables which he will then connect to his interface.
This of course to save money. He would be eventually investing in a radial or API lunch box for this, but until then, does anyone know if this is possible and how he would go about doing it?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

No, you cant polish a turd. Give up coffee, save your pennies, and buy a rack for it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Ya I had that coming.....
Another smart ass answer would be "build a chassis with all its electrical components"

Last edited by Qumok; 3 weeks ago at 02:50 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 3 weeks ago
I don't have a rack here. I use a + - 15 volt power supply wired to a EDAC connector. Then XLR connectors are added to make it all work. Parts Express sells a complete 317/337 based dual power supply for about 5 bucks, it's adjustable too.
www.parts-express.com
Old 3 weeks ago
A.j
Here for the gear

is there any chance you can provide me with more info steps guides or maybe a build map if u did one that would be much appreciated
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

At the very least you want to buy the mating connector. Don't solder wires to the gold fingers of the card edge connector, because then later when you desolder everything and want to put it into a real enclosure, your previously gold fingers will be lumpy tarnishable tin fingers.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search