The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Line6 DM4 mod..?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Line6 DM4 mod..?

Hi!

I used to own the line 6 DM4 distortion moddler, Years ago and I eventually modded it (I never had an expression pedal) to double the presets

I don’t have it now and I recently got hold of a very cheap new one of these and I’ve decided, despite its age (!?) I’d miss it too much and I’m going to keep it But I can’t remember how to do that mod & I’d really like to do it again!

I seem to remember that this info was fairly common on the Internet and that must’ve been where I got my wiring diagram from back in the day but now no one seems to have one

When I google it I just keep coming up with the delay or the modulator mod & not the line 6 distortion one

Can anyone help…?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

BUMP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merseymale View Post
Hi!

I used to own the line 6 DM4 distortion moddler, Years ago and I eventually modded it (I never had an expression pedal) to double the presets

I don’t have it now and I recently got hold of a very cheap new one of these and I’ve decided, despite its age (!?) I’d miss it too much and I’m going to keep it But I can’t remember how to do that mod & I’d really like to do it again!

I seem to remember that this info was fairly common on the Internet and that must’ve been where I got my wiring diagram from back in the day but now no one seems to have one

When I google it I just keep coming up with the delay or the modulator mod & not the line 6 distortion one

Can anyone help…?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Bump..?

....?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Ah Well...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Well, this looks like what you're mentioning.

https://www.trueguitarist.com/line-6-double-preset-mod/
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Alas No...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_mask View Post
Well, this looks like what you're mentioning.

https://www.trueguitarist.com/line-6-double-preset-mod/

That was the website that finally made me realise I’d have to ask the question & stop searching for it!

(In fact the last two questions at the bottom of that page you sent the link to are from me asking the same questions, above, but still no response)

That link you sent shows a separate box with a potentiometer in it the blends between two presets and would rely on a 9V battery to power an LED (which it doesn’t feature anyway)

However THANKS for the time you put into this searching please let me know if you discover something new or if you manage to work out a way based on the information on your link that you sent

Thanks again
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

This one involves only a fifth switch, without a separate potentiometer, for doubling each preset. http://undergroundpedalmods.com/

Incidentally, I noticed that "merseymale" = 666.

m__e_r__s__e_y___m__a_l__e
30_5_80_90_5_400_30_1_20_5

(;

Did you use this cipher on purpose, or is this organic?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Angry

Quote:
This one involves only a fifth switch, without a separate potentiometer, for doubling each preset. http://undergroundpedalmods.com/

(;

I look forward to following that link when I can (5:25 am here!) But as for the cipher...

Well, I don’t know what to say!

I do feel that many people must think a lot of my posts on the Internet are sent to test their faith!!

However I don’t really understand the cipher (sorry) I can understand how E equals five But anything beyond 26 eludes me
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Hmmm....

Quote:

(;

Okay!
Followed the link and looked at the video- that certainly seems to be the mod !
I suppose I’m just going to have to shove out $10 that the guy wants fitting instructions?

$10 is for a whole host of things apparently but I just want instructions for this one item so IF there is anyone out there can’t help but just wish h this one mod I’d be happier
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

One of the 35-odd ciphers of the English language's Roman letter alphabet goes:
a=1, b=2, c=3, d=4, e=5, f=6, g=7, h=8, i=9, k=10, l=20, m=30, n=40, 0=50, p=60, q=70, r=80, s=90, t=100, u=200, x=300, y=400, z=500, j=600, v=700, &=800, and w=900.

That's the cipher that causes 'merseymale' to sum to 666.

In a different cipher, 'merseymale' sums to 232, which is interesting because the name, uɐʇɐS, also sums to 232 in the cipher that causes 'merseymale' to sum to 666.

You sure you don't want to _triple_ your Line6 presets? (;
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

Is this a Good Thing or a CURSE?

Quote:
One of the 35-odd ciphers of the English language's Roman letter alphabet goes:
a=1, b=2, c=3, d=4, e=5, f=6, g=7, h=8, i=9, k=10, l=20, m=30, n=40, 0=50, p=60, q=70, r=80, s=90, t=100, u=200, x=300, y=400, z=500, j=600, v=700, &=800, and w=900.

That's the cipher that causes 'merseymale' to sum to 666.

In a different cipher, 'merseymale' sums to 232, which is interesting because the name, uɐʇɐS, also sums to 232 in the cipher that causes 'merseymale' to sum to 666.

You sure you don't want to _triple_ your Line6 presets? (;
The story behind my moniker Is that when I first got email many years ago it was from a company called MERSEYMAIL And so called because here, in Liverpool, the city is dominated by its proximity to the river Mersey and therefore is in an area called Merseyside.

So this was an email provider in Merseyside hence merseymail... I noticed the similarity between The words mail & male And as I was born a Male on Merseyside I took the email address “[email protected]” And occasionally signed up for these kind of forums and so MERSEYMALE was born, so to speak

simple

I do think coincidences are fascinating, though but do you think I’d have better luck on forums with a different name?!

Incidentally, on the subject of ciphers, here in England/UK they’re bringing out a new bank note that has Alan Turing on it :-)
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head

Thanks for showing 'Mersey' to be in England. I've heard of Liverpool (L-I-V, E-R-P, double-O, L, LIVERPOOL FC!), but hadn't heard of Mersey, or Wirral, for that matter, other than in the lyric, 'Wirral wasted...' (;

So, it does appear that 'merseymale' is an organic spelling of that infamous number from Revelation 13:18.

Regarding Alan Turing, his name sums to 232, and so does the phrase, 'Turing Test",
just like 'merseymale' and 'uɐʇɐS'. (which is written, upside down, for our protection)

"Turing Test" = 232
T__u__r___i__n__g____T__e__s__t
13_12_18_36_26_40___13_44_16_14

And when we count the number of his full name, 'Alan Mathison Turing',
we get 216, which is the product of 6 x 6 x 6.

Keep the moniker, you lucky devil. (; Innocently coined, it should be karma-free.

In fact, the number of the word, 'isopsephy' = 666.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search