The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
JLM or Seventh Circle Audio for DIY Mic Preamp Kits
Old 8th June 2019
  #1
Lives for gear
JLM or Seventh Circle Audio for DIY Mic Preamp Kits

I am wanting to get a bunch of 1073 type pres made for recording drums, electric guitars, acoustic guitars and vocals. Just wondering what the opinion out there is on JLM 1290 Kit as compared with the Seventh Circle Audio N72 kit (for the Neve sound)? How do they each compare with the original Neve 1073 or even Aurora Audio pres?

Last edited by waldie wave; 8th June 2019 at 01:02 PM..
Old 8th June 2019
  #2
Lives for gear
Haven't heard the JLM kit, but I have four of the Seventh Circle N72 mic pres and they get used 95% of the time. They sound beautiful and use Carnhill transformers. You can't go wrong with them. The other 5% of the time I am using their version of API mic pres, which also sound great.
Old 8th June 2019
  #3
Lives for gear
That's great to hear about the N72. I think SCA have discontinued making the API preamp kit.
Old 9th June 2019
  #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldie wave View Post
I think SCA have discontinued making the API preamp kit.
I understand SCA has closed down, sadly. N72s with or without chassis are still available second hand sometimes, and are well worth it.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #5
Lives for gear
Per their website, SCA seems to be alive and well.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Forum Jump
Forum Jump