The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Schematic for True Systems Precision 8
Old 3rd June 2019
Gear Head

Schematic for True Systems Precision 8

Hey all - does anyone have or know where I could obtain a schematic for a True Systems Precision 8? I bought one used, one of the channels is distorting, and I am trying to diagnose the problem. True Systems appears to have gone out of business (their website redirects to a spam website), or I would've reached out to them for help. Thanks!
Old 10th June 2019
Lives for gear

It's weird that if you follow the link to the Precision 8 page that comes up in a google search, you get the spam redirect. But if I go to the main page, http://www.true-systems.com the site loads correctly.
I have had recent correspondence with Tim Spencer of True Systems and its apparent parent Sunrise Engineering and Design Inc. He told me that although all True Systems products are discontinued at the moment, the company still exists and he's still supporting existing products in the field "for the foreseeable future". I contacted him for the same reason - I have a client with a preamp with one noisy channel. I asked for schematics, and he's decided not to release them. But he wrote a helpful and thorough email with troubleshooting info and a promise to follow up with help diagnosing the problem. I happen to know him a little bit from a Tape Op conference years ago so he knows I know what I'm doing; but if you contact him I bet he'll be of some help or other in getting your issue resolved.

The telephone number in his email signature is the same as on the contact section of their website, so I think it's okay to post here: (520) 721-2735.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Thanks so much for the detailed info - never thought anyone was going to have so much info on this. I'm ordering some replacement parts and will be working on the P8 in a few weeks - if I can't figure out the problem, I'll definitely contact him. Thanks again!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search