The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
In need of SSL 4000/6000 Lamp Colored 'Lenses'
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

In need of SSL 4000/6000 Lamp Colored 'Lenses'

Yep - I need those condoms. Looked online, no luck. Please give me your thoughts.
Old 4 weeks ago
SRS
Lives for gear

You ask SSL in the UK?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I haven't - their prices on a master section overlay decal were so outrageous that I didn't pursue it. I certainly can give it shot, thanks.

Last edited by GlennR01; 4 weeks ago at 02:00 AM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Use LEDs instead. You get the colour built in, and they will never burn out.

SSL had an end-of-life sale on 4000 parts about 10 years ago. I doubt they have any left (although I might be surprised!).

I sourced some LEDs that were exact replacements for the lamps (same voltage and base design) when I was still looking after a 4000. You just have to be careful which way you put them in, since LEDs are polarity sensitive.

Sorry, but I don't have part numbers or even a supplier's name handy any longer.

Geoff
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Thanks Geoff. I did go with LED's, but the whites are too bright. The 'condoms' tone it down and actually look great. Just need more...
Old 4 weeks ago
Send me a PM. I can sort you out.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

LED's dont get hot and are cheap and last very long! Maybe you could ad some paint to them to get the color or brightness you prefer? Just a tip! Good luck.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search