The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help with my malfunctioning Juno-106
Old 4 weeks ago
Help with my malfunctioning Juno-106

Ive changed all voice chips, slidrs, posts and battery. This is my final issue that's got me scratching my head:

When I press POLY I:
Most keys work but not all.

When I press POLY II:
Almost no keys work, maybe one or two on the whole keybed. (unless I play them super fast then they all work...??)

When I press both POLY I and POLY II together:
All keys work fine.

Although I've never used one before, I'm sure this isn't normal, right? What could this mean?

Thanks very much!
Old 4 weeks ago
no one? Man, I hope someone knows. These local techs in Brooklyn are pretentious and expensive. Worst of both worlds.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
You may have more luck in the synth subforum.

Since it's working on poly I (mostly) but in Poly II you only get sound when multiple keys are pressed, that would indicate that you have some voice chips that aren't working.
Are they in sockets or soldered? Check the solder joints and/or socket connection.

Put the synth into test mode by turning it on while holding the "Key Transpose" button. Turn the sustain up on the amp envelope and turn the LPF all the way up and turn the noise all the way up.
Press the Poly I and Poly II buttons together.
Now, when you press a key, the display will tell you what voice chip is being played. Press any key six times to run through all the voices. The ones where you get no sound will be your culprits.

My guess would be the first few chips aren't working properly. Are they replacement clones or original rebuilt?
Old 2 weeks ago
Fixed myself! Was the legs in the pcb. Needed to flow more solder that was all. Let that be a lesson to you kids!!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search