The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Calrec Power supply connectors
Old 30th April 2019
Here for the gear

Calrec Power supply connectors

I need to find a male connector for make a cable from this calrec console power supply to the rack of channel strips (see photos)

The items were bought together at auction but the cable to connect them has been lost so I will need to make a new one.

I haven't seen the unit in person yet, just doing some prior research.

If I can get hold of the right connectors, then when I get there I can find out which pins are needed to power the channel strips and make up a new cable...

Any thoughts? Anyone experienced this before? What are the connectors called and where I can find them? Or any other suggestions??

Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Calrec Power supply connectors-img_1490.jpg   Calrec Power supply connectors-img_1491.jpg   Calrec Power supply connectors-img_1492.jpg   Calrec Power supply connectors-img_1493.jpg  
Old 30th April 2019
Lives for gear

The one on the white panel looks like your basic 4 Pin XLR.
Before I did anything I would make 100% sure the supply works, voltage is correct and when connecting 100% polarity is correct.
Old 30th April 2019
Lives for gear
4 pin xlr is fairly common for +12 v. But

a) I'd expect the Calrec strips to want bipolar, at least +/- 15 v, if they're feeding balanced pro gear.

b) It doesn't explain all those other contacts on the power supply side. Two of them might be voltage sense, which would be reasonable feeding a remote 4 pin plug... but the others...?

When you get the boxes, it'll be a lot easier to figure out what's going on by looking at the other side of the connectors.
Old 1st May 2019
The big connector is a 19pin BICC.
I imagine the Calrec is similar to the Calrec I have in front of me, which is based off of a Neve 33115. That would mean it has +24v, 0v, 48v, spare. Maybe. They would make it 4 pin even if it was only three voltages to avoid accidentally frying things with an XLR placed on the DC.
Old 17th May 2019
Here for the gear

Can anyone help with the schematics for PQ1253?

Ok, So I have had success sourcing connectors..

Before I do anything with them I need concrete information regarding the voltages and polarities required for these units.

I will be able to trace the 4 pin XLR connections to the edge connectors but I need to know voltages!!

Im struggling to find complete schematic for these units online...

very much hoping that someone here can help!

I've written to Calrec... but not sure that I'll get a reply.

PQ 1253-4

Thanks again!!!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search