The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Creamware A16 ultra, need small tech help
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Head
Creamware A16 ultra, need small tech help

Hello all,

Just bought a used Creamware A16 ultra. Upon unpacking, I heard a loose component moving around inside. I opened the unit and found a pin strip connector was off its socket. At first glance it doesn't seem to be connecting anything else, however it's like if 2 wires were chopped off it. There is another exact same connector besides with the exact same 2 chopped off, so I'm wondering if these 2 were supposed to be connected to each other's.

I was hoping an A16 ultra owner out there would kindly open his own unit and tell me how it is looking like in his. I uploaded pics to help you locate the parts I'm talking about.

Thank you for reading,
Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Creamware A16 ultra, need small tech help-dsc_1271.jpg   Creamware A16 ultra, need small tech help-dsc_1272.jpg   Creamware A16 ultra, need small tech help-dsc_1273.jpg   Creamware A16 ultra, need small tech help-dsc_1274.jpg  
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoKetchup View Post
Hello all,

Just bought a used Creamware A16 ultra. Upon unpacking, I heard a loose component moving around inside. I opened the unit and found a pin strip connector was off its socket. At first glance it doesn't seem to be connecting anything else, however it's like if 2 wires were chopped off it. There is another exact same connector besides with the exact same 2 chopped off, so I'm wondering if these 2 were supposed to be connected to each other's.

I was hoping an A16 ultra owner out there would kindly open his own unit and tell me how it is looking like in his. I uploaded pics to help you locate the parts I'm talking about.

Thank you for reading,
Tom
Hi Tom,

It looks like a jumper that got knocked lose. You could send those pics to ferrofish. I don't believe they continue to service the A16 ultra, but I expect with the images they would be able to tell you if it was safe to simple stick it back on.
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Head
You know what, that's probably a good idea. I'll try this, cheers.
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Head
Just got to in touch with the guys at Ferrofish.

This pin connector is actually doing nothing other that holding a vertical board in place.

So all good. Cheers.
Old 4 weeks ago
Good to see you were ok.
I have two fans in the A16, you do not seem to have tem but I can see the square holes.
I was looking for the specs of the fans but are more users running the A16 without fans?
tomatoKetchup, do you have it in a rack? Between other stuff? No heating problems?
Hope to see if anyone is willing to help me out. Thanks!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyfreekie View Post
Good to see you were ok.
I have two fans in the A16, you do not seem to have tem but I can see the square holes.
I was looking for the specs of the fans but are more users running the A16 without fans?
tomatoKetchup, do you have it in a rack? Between other stuff? No heating problems?
Hope to see if anyone is willing to help me out. Thanks!
Yes mine is racked in between other gear, and yes it does heat up a bit after several hours, but nothing of concern I think. In fact, it used to be racked underneath an Oberheim Matrix 1000 with an old linear PSU that heated up way more and I had always though the heat was transferred to the A16 up until I changed the M1000's PSU.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search