The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Meyer CP-10 upgrade
Old 27th February 2019
Here for the gear
Meyer CP-10 upgrade

Hello!

I’m thinking in make a couple of small mod on my meyer cp 10 eq. To replace the output op-amp with the sparkos ones and all the 100nF caps on the signal path (most of them on the eq boards). Do you have any experience? Any type/brand to recommend?

Thanks!
Old 3rd March 2019
Those have 13 circuit boards inside to rebuild. No IC sockets either. It's a big job.
Old 5th March 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Those have 13 circuit boards inside to rebuild. No IC sockets either. It's a big job.
HI Jim!
Thanks for the answer. Yes, you right, it’s a big job but fun for me is something like an hobby. A good chance to do some experiment. The first thing I wanna do is to install IC socket on all circuit board so I can swap from NE5532 to other op amp ( maybe OPA2134/OPA2132 ? And sparkos on output). There is also some suspicious axial condenser on the filter, 600-6K and 2k-20k boards who look like axial multilayer ceramic capacitor
I want to replace them with something better (polypropylene or silver mica maybe?)
What do you think about it?
Old 5th March 2019
Those opamps have more noise than the 5532/34 opamps already inside. Yes, the filter caps are crap. The power supply needs work. So does the I/O circuit board. Then there is that grounding/unbalanced design flaw that must be fixed along with a zillion other things. Did I say it was a big job?
Old 4th June 2019
Here for the gear
Hi Jim,
I just purchased a CP10 has your audio upgrade sticker in the back on eBay. I’m trying to master a song today and realized that the high pass filter knob of the second channel doesn’t work correctly. It become a volume knob for the second channel only. Is it supposed to be like that or might be some thing goes wrong with the unit?
Best
Old 4th June 2019
If it acts as a volume control the high cut EQ 3300 pf filter cap is shorted out. There is a dual opamp in card #1 and #1 2 that does the High/Low EQ. If it has been modified to be a symetrical + - 15 db Hi/Low EQ it should be flat and zero gain at the center of rotation. Those EQ's with the cut only filters will be flat full up.
It can be repaired here. If you send it to Meyer they will charge several hundred dollars and they will remove all the mods that were done.
Old 4th June 2019
Here for the gear
Thank you so much for responding here Jim. I live close by. I can bring the EQ to you. I’ve tried to call and text you a few time with the number on your website but I got no respond. Can you please PM me your best contact information? Thanks
Old 7th June 2019
Here for the gear
Hi Jim,
I opened it up and realized the that on the board #1 2 (the one that has issue) the C1 cap and the VR3 pot has been removed. The board #1 (the one still works correctly) still has all that components so it works correctly. I’m not sure if it is because of that?
Old 7th June 2019
That would be logical.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search