The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Equi=tech question Channel Strips
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Equi=tech question

Hi, I have an equi-tech power conditioner that i used in my NYC studio to power the whole audio system. It takes 220V as an input and distrubutes 110V. I had a 220V panel in my studio because it was a former industrial space, which was convenient for that purpose.

I'm moving back to Europe now and I was wondering if I can use it there on standard 220V? I still have a lot of 110V machines so it would be really helpful.

Unfortunately I don't remember the exact model number and it's now in a box. I just have those pictures.

Thanks!
jk
Attached Thumbnails
Equi=tech question-img_7292.jpg   Equi=tech question-img_7293.jpg  
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I see no reason that you can.t
Maybe you need to attach a new cord to fit european wall sockets? But there are adaptors for that aswell.

Small thing to add is that voltage in europe is no longer 220v but around 230-235v. Varies a little.

Grtz.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

The nominal US line voltages have been 240/120 for a long time and now are drifting towards 250/125.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Its my understanding that some places in the US use 2 phase 110 volts with 220 between phases. In Europe it is 230 volts phase to neutral. Your box is not a transformer, so it wont work. You need to get a 230 to 110 transformer.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radardoug View Post
Its my understanding that some places in the US use 2 phase 110 volts with 220 between phases. In Europe it is 230 volts phase to neutral. Your box is not a transformer, so it wont work. You need to get a 230 to 110 transformer.
Everyplace with single-phase power in the US is wired 120/240 V split phase, with the neutral bonded to earth ground at the main panel. Three phase installations are different, of course.

If the power conditioner does not have or need a neutral connection it should work just fine in Europe. If it does need a neutral connection it will probably not work, or require some adaptation. This can be determined from the plug that it has on it; unfortunately, the pictures posted don't show this plug. If it's a three prong plug, it should be okay; if it's a four prong plug, it may be problematic.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radardoug View Post
Your box is not a transformer, so it wont work.
Are you sure about that.
I thought this had a large transformer in it to give you balanced power.

Denny
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search