The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Service / Tech needed for RFT MV/810 2
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Service / Tech needed for RFT MV/810 2

Hi,
I have been having issues with the gain knobs on my RFT MV/810's for years now. A little scratchy, a bit intermittent. But lately the gain knobs on one of the units has gone completely south. Recently I had to kind of push/pull it get it to kick into to the appropriate gain setting. Kept popping into full gain mode. Lately it just won't work at all, and is in full gain mode regardless of the Gain knob setting, now with a little weird buzz introduced as well. The right channel is mostly working fine.

Anybody have suggestions about someone I might be able to send these units to to get them serviced? Thanks a lot! - Steve
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

The MV810/2's has open-frame brass switches, which means they can be cleaned with a good contact cleaner. However, the contact surfaces of the gain switch also have little tabs that might easily fall out and this might lead to dead gain steps etc. Lastly, the wires leading to these switches are fragile solid core wire that gets brittle with time. They, therefore, break easily and would be another thing to check. Any good tech should be able to give you a verdict, and help either clean the switches or wire up a new stepped gain switch (which is the same for every mic pre, just different resistor values). Good luck!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search