The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I’m a PSU Rookie - Can you tell me anything about this unit? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

I’m a PSU Rookie - Can you tell me anything about this unit?

Hi all,

I picked up an Audio Developments AD062 (my second one actually) and it came with a mystery PSU. I opened it to take a quick look, but my knowledge on this sort of gear is pretty basic. Right now the unit is wired for 240v, so I need to mod it for NA spec or else run a step up transformer. The model # on the chassis is “Audio Dev” and the serial # is 001. No sign of a manufacturer.

Do you think this thing is worth putting time/$ into, or should I look at a new supply (direct from AD, Blue Dog, etc.). How do the internals look to you? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
I’m a PSU Rookie - Can you tell me anything about this unit?-5e35858e-6475-4c17-90a3-cd806a3ab32a.jpg   I’m a PSU Rookie - Can you tell me anything about this unit?-afe98943-404a-4630-ae80-26f4dbc61ca0.jpg   I’m a PSU Rookie - Can you tell me anything about this unit?-e0963701-9e0f-421d-a0d4-59cfcba5279a.jpg  
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

It looks like a high-quality design and construction.
The transformer appears to have dual primary windings (the right side in your second photo.
That means it can probably be re-configured for 120V mains input.

It also looks like the power supply is a commodity commercial unit that they simply bolted into a box.
If you took the power supply module out of the box, you could probably find the nameplate specs of the original manufacturer.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search