The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Converting Yamaha Rev7 power supply to 240V - Looking for pics Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Converting Yamaha Rev7 power supply to 240V - Looking for pics

Hi,

I bought a Japanese version of the Yamaha Rev7 and have been trying to convert the power supply to the 240V version as they both use the same board but in different configurations.
I have the service manual and I've replaced the components that are different values and added the extra ones but still can't get it to work so was hoping someone with the 240V version could post a pic of the top of the board so I can see if I've got the jumpers etc right.

Thanks.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I found a service manual here:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/atta...ice_manual.pdf
Is that the one you are asking about?

Page 27 shows two power supply schematics: "General and W.German models" and "Japanese, US and Canadian models"
Those schematics don't show any jumpers that I could see.

Doing a major hack to a direct mains-connected switch mode power supply (SMPS) is quite beyond the comfort level of many people who have been working on component-level repair for decades. I would never recommend such a risky procedure unless you have years of experience repairing SMPS.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

The jumpers are on the board itself, allowing the two different configurations. I think I've got it wired according to the schematic but the schematic seems to be slightly different to the board layout.
I know SMPS can be dangerous, thought it would be simple to swap out the necessary components but I may just buy new 240V power supply.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search