The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Advice on midi controller for ableton live Control Surfaces
Old 12th August 2018
Here for the gear

Advice on midi controller for ableton live

hey guys

This is my first post here so apologies if I'm not in the right place!

I have been playing around with a LaunchKey 61 with ableton live and really beginning to understand the fun one can have with launching scenes/clips etc from a controller.

I'm now looking at buying something that will give me much more accessibility in realtime. I'll use it for production but also ultimately live performance.

The obvious 2 I've looked at so far are the LaunchPad Pro and Ableton Push 2. Clearly the latter is better than the former but the cost is also considerable.

I'm pretty new to this sort of thing so I guess my questions are numerous:

- would the launchpad pro be an easier place to start. From the reviews I've watched it seems much simpler to use than the push 2.

- the push 2 looks big and heavy. So maybe not so practical for a live performance instrument unlike the pro...?

- What about launchpad pro vs Push (original). How does the original Push compare to the pro? I could probably get a second hand Push for not much more than a pro....

Any other thoughts / alternatives?

For live, I will want a combination of a good synth (I'm a synth player), midi controller and macbook with ableton live.

Cheers guys

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search