The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
GT MD1a Microphone Cable
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Nut

GT MD1a Microphone Cable

Hi all,

I'm in need of a second cable for my Groove Tubes MD1a tube mic.
It terminates on D-Sub 9 slide lock connectors (which I've found), but it needs 6 conductor (plus a braided shield) cable. Any recommendations on a good flexible cable for this application? Ever fool with these microphones?

Many thanks!
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Addict

Redco has 3 options for 7 conductor tube mic cable, they're all fine choices:

Bulk Tube Mic Cable | Redco Audio

You might be able to price them better from somewhere else but you'll probably have to buy a ton of it.
Old 5th January 2018
Gear Nut

As I looked (quickly) at the wire in the current cable I have, I thought all were the same gauge.
I see the 3 variations Redco carries all have a heavier pair or different gauge wires. This will take some checking to see what goes where.
Anyone have a pin-out for a GT Mic cable?

Long shot but... hey!
Old 6th February 2018
Gear Nut

Maybe these?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MD 1(1).pdf (46.7 KB, 27 views) File Type: pdf img-100427215903.pdf (190.7 KB, 23 views) File Type: pdf img-100427215734.pdf (272.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 6th February 2018
Lives for gear

The only significant current there is for the 12AT7 heater/filament. And that is only 150mA @ 12.6V
So, any of those cables should be more than adequate unless you are making something very long (dozens of ft.)
Old 6th February 2018
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogcabin View Post
Hi all,

Ever fool with these microphones?
I sold mine along with the Groove Tubes MP1 preamp. One of the best microphones I've owned, I would put it up against mics costing 10 times as much.

Should have kept it.
Old 8th February 2018
Gear Nut

Im looking to buy one of these today without the cable. I picked up a computer db9 straight thru cable to test the mic. Im a bit confused with the pin #s on the schematics above being mirrored on the connectors (5 on the female ps connector 120v = pin 1 120v on the mic side male connector?) Is this in face a straight thru pinout?
Old 10th February 2018
Gear Nut

Traditionally the higher gauge cables are used for the heater voltage and the ground
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
apparently any easily available 9-way D connector can be used.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search