The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
M-audio Sputnik schematic
Old 2nd August 2017
Gear Head

M-audio Sputnik schematic

Hey slutz, I have a pair of Sputniks, and one of them is dead. Doesn't light up, and I've tried replacing the fuse. I sent it in to a repair center and they informed me that m-Audio/Alesis don't support the product any longer. I called to get a schem but they don't have one available since this product was developed during the Avid days.

Anyone have a schem, or some idea of how to diagnose this thing? Any help would be appreciated. Fwiw I did search through every relevant thread I could find here and at group diy, to no avail.
Old 9th February 2018
Any luck fixing the mic?
Old 9th February 2018
Gear Head

No luck sadly. I ended up getting a credit from the dealer I bought it from, since schematics are unavailable, and with that credit I bought some guitar pickups instead. I bought another one second hand ($175!) and so far haven't had issues. If I have a problem going forward, hopefully I'll be able to compare a working one against the dud and see if I can figure out the problem. I really, really like these mics, especially for overheads, so I really hope that they stay in working order for a long time to come. It's a pity that they were discontinued. It's a great mic regardless of cost.
Old 9th February 2018
Thank you for the quick reply! Glad it worked out.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

I'd like to try fixing it if you still have it. I know tube mics and I another Sputnik coming to me.
Mark Majilton
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search