The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sony PCM-3348 DASH Recorder
Old 15th March 2017
Gear Head

Sony PCM-3348 DASH Recorder

Hello, Anyone know if there is someone that still sell spare parts for sony PCM-3348?

Thanks
Old 15th March 2017
Lives for gear

3348s are practically worthless, see if you can find a couple for spares, should cost peanuts if you can collect ...
Old 16th June 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
3348s are practically worthless, see if you can find a couple for spares, should cost peanuts if you can collect ...
Hello Lumbergh, I know that the pcm-3348 is worthless, but I need it to transfer the old dash tapes!

for this reason I'm looking for someone that has the pcm-3348 upgraded and can copy to me the eprom software....
Old 21st February 2020
Here for the gear

DASH 3348 spare parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabriMix View Post
Hello, Anyone know if there is someone that still sell spare parts for sony PCM-3348?

Thanks

Trying to find spare parts for any DASH machine is hard. So I suggest you do what my Uncle Jack did. He purchased several non functional: 3324, 3324A, 3348, 3348HR, X-800 and X-850s. And he would take them apart for any parts he needed. 6 years ago a studio was actually throwing out it's 3348HR. My Uncle got it for free. This is why are studio basement is full of junk. We even have a Sony PCM 1600. You never know....It might come in handy. If aliens invade our planet we may need a PCM 1600 to defend ourselves.

"Come any closer any I'll master this Beethoven 9th with this Sony PCM 1600. and I will record the data on this 3/4 inch video machine. Stand back! I swear I'll do it!..."

Seriously though. Old DASH machines in various states of operation can be purchased on Ebay and other places for under $3000. You get one old broken down 3324, 3348, 3348A or a 3348HR and you have all (most) of the parts you need. If you need parts just grab it from another machine.

It is the best solution I know of. Let me know if this works out for you. I know it is a bit costly. But trying to buy spare DASH parts on their own can be he even more costly in the long run. One old 3348 and you get a bucket full of DASH parts.

Years ago DASH multitracks left Earth to return to their home planet. LOL. Only here for roughly 25 years. It does seem like that sometimes. 1979 (3M) - 2006.

There is one other solution..Uncle Jack got so frustrated with the breakdown of a tape part once that he went to his brother's machine shop and made his own part. It was an old Scully 8 track he was restoring. Not DASH but having a part made to order might be an option.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search